V-A-S Valley Aviation Society Forum

Welcome to the V-A-S Forum
It is currently 21 Jan 2018, 04:59

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2015, 16:55 
V-A-S Member

bearcat loading
once the scanner is on turn the knob to select system turn the knob and the letters to name your channel you wish after you have got your channel press the knob then turn it to then select group you should have group1 then press the knob group1 should now be on the top turn the knob to select edit channel press the knob and the freq screen should come up now enter your freq and save then press the bottom button on the side and repeat the freq hope this maks sense

select system and name your channel
then edit group
then press button for group1
then edit channel
put you freq in then repeat last 2 steps good luck john from mold

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2017, 19:22 
V-A-S Member

reddragon wrote:
Here's a link to the lead and supplier I brought from on e-bay. http://www.ebay.co.uk/.../Uniden-Bearcat.../121804109778...

Personally I could not fault the service I got to get it up and running. I program the 3500xlt scanner for members of the VAS club. I have powerpoint presentation made up of how to get your scanner programmed. If you need too, PM me and I'll send you a copy of it.

Hi reddragon, i've just got a Uniden 3500xlt scanner, and came across this post. Could I be cheeky and ask for a copy of your powerpoint presentation please. I would have PM'd you, but I haven't got a clue how to !!!!, (as you can see, I'm definitely not a tech wiz). I can supply my email address if you wish.

Many thanks in advance

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2017, 11:13 
Site Admin

AV8OR wrote:
reddragon wrote:
Here's a link to the lead and supplier I brought from on e-bay. http://www.ebay.co.uk/.../Uniden-Bearcat.../121804109778...

Personally I could not fault the service I got to get it up and running. I program the 3500xlt scanner for members of the VAS club. I have powerpoint presentation made up of how to get your scanner programmed. If you need too, PM me and I'll send you a copy of it.

Hi reddragon, i've just got a Uniden 3500xlt scanner, and came across this post. Could I be cheeky and ask for a copy of your powerpoint presentation please. I would have PM'd you, but I haven't got a clue how to !!!!, (as you can see, I'm definitely not a tech wiz). I can supply my email address if you wish.

Many thanks in advance

Hi,just seen the post!

ive since changed laptops, so I'm not to sure if I still have it? However if I have lost it, we have our AGM on the 28th, I'll happily program your scNner for you and provide you with a copy of BCTool and a quick lesson in how to connect/ use the program with the scNner etc

Just reply to me here and I'll sort out the rest for you :-)

EOS 7D & BG-E7
SX210 IS
Canon 18mm -135mm Lens
Canon 100mm - 400mm L Lens

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2017, 13:14 
Site Admin

Here's the Powerpoint presentation for you. Apologies for the delay, it took me until now to find it, the system doesn't like Powerpoint, but I've just converted it into a Word/ PDF format but its exactly the same wording/ pictures. I run version 1.2.0.582 of BCTool.

If you have any questions, I'll be at the next meeting at Carreg y Bran hotel, and I'll be able to program your scanner for you if you wish.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EOS 7D & BG-E7
SX210 IS
Canon 18mm -135mm Lens
Canon 100mm - 400mm L Lens